Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS iepngfix.htc kills anchors?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

So my navigation is in my header, my header has a transparent png for the background so i applied the

Code:
    behavior:url(iepngfix.htc);

to the header and by fixing that for ie6, it also kills my anchor elements in ie6 only.

my nav works fine in all other browsers.

so one fix in ie6 breaks something else.

anybody know how to fix this?

i was thinking of just using a javascript sniffer to see whos on ie6 then using the lightbox script to give a pop up to my affiliate link to FF and demanding that they quit making our lives miserable.

Sound good?

Little update.

the "best png ie6 fix" listed above does in fact render anchors useless. whats extremely annoying is you cant put them inside something using that as well.

i had to move my nav outside of the header, not semantic since it appears in the header, and had to create the same navigation image I’m using as a gif and lose the drop shadow to make it work.

What i found out is the filter that windows applies to make pngs work is layed on top of the item you’re making transparent. so technically the clickable anchor is there, its just under it and you cant get to it. So i guess "killing it" is the wrong way to say it, but it definitely renders them useless.

so,

if you need transparent png’s to act as any kind of navigation or links, you cant use the iepngfix.htc work around. What I’m having to do is create either gifs or jpegs and line them up perfectly and having them only available to ie6. everything else sees the pngs.

ah. ok well that helps, i didnt know that stuff.

is there a png fix that is a little more "all encompassing"?

That’s what i usually do. I pretty much called off using png’s except when i could care less about IE6 like on my personal site. i want it to be ugly in ie6 lol

however.

the new probem is i just started a new job and i did a few freelance projects with them before i started with them. the design department knows very little about web design are strictly print and advertising designers and they keep designing things here and there that make my life hell when its time to slice them up. so thats my problem. if i was designing it i know how to work around the problem in the mock up so i dont have to use png’s.

hope that made sense

and thats very lame we’re still dealing with this..

khubab1

You can find 100% working and tested iepngfix at http://www.nobleatom.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.