Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other IE8? You gotta see this

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    apostrophe
    Participant

I laughed so much I almost cried. :lol:
    Who on earth do microsoft think they are kidding? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/get-the-facts/browser-comparison.aspx

TheDoc

Wow, if that wasn’t actually on the microsoft.com domain, I would’ve thought it was a joke.

Quote:
    "Internet Explorer 8 is more compatible with more sites on the Internet than any other browser. "

This was my favourite!

calebkester

It is a very funny marketing scheme but there’s enough stats out there to twist that Microsoft isn’t actually lying… they aren’t just telling all the truths. It feels like a comparison for home or work use as opposed to developers use. Gave me a good laugh for the day :D

Quote:
    "Internet Explorer 8 is more compatible with more sites on the Internet than any other browser. "

Considering IE makes up the majority of users’ browsers (including most big corporations who might have their own internal web applications) most websites have to support it. Especially with IE8’s compatibility mode to render things the way IE7 did it it’s very high on the compatibility mode.

*sniff* Firefox beat my baby by one check mark… *sniff*

Rob MacKay
    Participant

"Firefox and Chrome have more support for emerging standards like HTML5 and CSS3, but Internet Explorer 8 invested heavily in having world-class, consistent support for the entire CSS2.1 specification." HAHAHAHHAHAAHHA

apostrophe
    Participant
    "davesgonebananas" wrote:

Pwnd! Excellent. :D

My favourite comment from Lifehacker where I found the original "get-the-facts" story:

Quote:
    IE8 is pretty reliable. It finished downloading Firefox without a single crash.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.