Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE7 Issue: position:absolute div IN position:relative div

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    axiom82
    Participant

I have a parent div with position:relative;. I have a child div with position:absolute; with left and top values set accordingly. This works wonderfully in Firefox (what a surprise).

The child div is completely invisible in IE7. Very strange! This is the interesting part…I have two a tags (links) inside of this child div. What I’m doing is absolutely positioning a child div and listing links vertically inside of the child div…I’m basically positioning a list of links inside of the parent div.

What has worked is removing the child div and absolutely positioning the links…but this is not a solution because I cannot be sure if there will be one link or five, or which order these links appear.

Can anyone tell me why the child div remains invisible when absolutely positioned but the link elements inside of it are visible when they take the absolute positioning? Can anyone offer a solution.

Michael

axiom82
    Participant

Here is my code:

Code:
    Code:

value

axiom82
    Participant

The issue was fixed by adding a div inside of the parent div as a container for the child div…yeah, IE sucks.

Code:
    Code:

value

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.