Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE7 Emulator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    amyth91
    Participant

hey guys, can you suggest me, how do i emulate ie7. coz, there are few pages i’ve to create to work on ie7. so, its really hard to develope them in chrome or mozilla and run on ie7 coz they really mess up.

jamygolden

IE Tester will allow you to test on IE6 – 9

SgtLegend

While IE tester is the one and best free emulator for IE6+ it does have it’s flaws, you would be better of installing IE8+ on a Windows machine or using Parallels on a Mac with Windows XP which is what i do as it is a lot more sound for cross browser testing.

kevince52

Ain’t nothing like the real thing so I do keep XP around with IE6, 7 and 8 all running together. I use Parallels on my Mac and also have Win7 and Ubuntu running on it. Well worth the investment if you develop on a Mac.

You can also use Adobe BrowserLab if you just want to see how things look. Not very good for testing interactions.

ricky

Don’t user IETester or Multiple_IE, they all have flaws. Browserstack has been recommended by Chris: https://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts/106-browserstack/ for interactive cross browser testing.

dalecooper

Browserstack is definitely a good alternative to virtualization!

They have prepaid access plans for people who are not regular users. Never saw such plans on other service of this kind. Plus their tools are intuitive and functional. Very good :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.