Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE6 Dropdowns z-index problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ynks4ever1

Hi everyone… I need help. I’m a java developer currently developing an application using JSF. Unfortunately, the company I work for still uses IE6. I have these comment boxes in the app that come up every time the user mouses over an info icon. The problem is that dropdowns are always on top of the boxes where the info comes up. I’m not an expert in css, but to describe the issue better, is like all the dropdowns had a z-index of 1000 or something crazy and are positioned on top of any other element all the time. Has anyone ever run into the same issue? if so any help will be greatly appreciated.
    TJ

Bronson

TJ,

It’s hard to see what you’re getting at without a piece of code to give context BUT …

It is important to note that IE has a different stacking order for relatively positioned elements and absolutely positioned elements. Further, z-index will only have effect on positioned elements.

If you posted some code up, it would better illuminate the issue.

-Bronson

JackBellamy

Do you mean that the dropdowns are overlapping things on the page so you can’t read what’s underneath the dropdowns? I had the same problem and just got rid of the drop downs and put them in the sidebar.
    Bowtrol | Web Marketing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.