Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE : text too big !!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    McCss

Hi to all !!

I am working on a web site with CSS and I found out that IE shows the text in a very bigger size than I set and so the text gows over the div and also over the image of the div background…

How can I work this out please? I hope in a quick reply!! Thanks to al!!!

TheDoc

If you post a link to the site you’ll have your answer in no time!

If you can’t do that, then post your code.

Have you tried validating your code?

McCss

Thank you guys…

here is the link: http://baffallo.altervista.org/

I’m working still on it.. many things are missing still and menus are to defined anyway… I have to solve this problem and also the there is a wide white space below the footer… can delete it…

How can I validate my code please?

Thanks again !!!

McCss

I see how to validate it now!!

Validator says that this link is not good.. sob!

it could not validate your site for the following reason :

Quote:
    Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 561 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.
    The error was: utf8 "xE0" does not map to Unicode

Check out your line 561 and delete this symbol.. "difficolt?" <–

xHTML doesn’t support it like that. For different symbols, you have to use their ASCII Value.

Your footer has come up from the space where it was actually suppose to be. Hence, the white space at the bottom. This might be happening because of some floating issues. So here’s the deal:
    1. First of all remove that symbol and validate your page.
    2. Check if you have cleared all the floats.

Basically, after validating 90% of your problems will be solved ;)

All the best!

McCss

I see.. Thanks Sumeet!!!

I changed the symbol thanks, but actually I have the problem about IE that shows the text too bigger than it should be… So how can I set the IE font in a smaller size?

I cleared all the float: but the white space below the footer is still there… I cannot find the way to solve this problem too…

I keep on trying to find solutions…. anyone can check the page and its code here: http://baffallo.altervista.org/

Thanks again and again!!

Well, Your site has around 127 errors. This might be effecting that IE problem you are facing.
    Go here.. http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http: … omatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

Read all the errors its showing and fix them one by one..:)

McCss

Wow.. 127 errors!! Where I can find this warning about 127 errors? I just can read about an answer about a fatal error..

Someone else told me that this page it’s a mess :D so I’ll try to correct it all!! Maybe starting over again!!

go to the link I gave you, revalidate your site.. and then just scroll down slowly.. All the erors at the respective line numbers will be mentioned in details.. Go through them and keep correcting them.. This way you will learn and solve your problem too ;)

McCss

Ok.. this is cool!!!

I am trying to build again the page… this time with a correct guide as a html-tree should be… I hope it’ll work!! Validator is so awesome!!

Anyway about the IE font… is so big still… anyone of you knows any way to add a script or something or an if condition I don’t know honestly to resize the IE font in a smaller size? Because even if I am deleting the most of the errors the problem is still there…

Thanks still!!

If the IE font is still coming big after fixing all the errors then just create another style sheet for IE and define those text styles, which appear bigger in IE, with a smaller font size. Check using an ‘if’ statement that if the browser is ‘IE’ then link that IE style sheet. Hence, when ever you open your page in IE, the text size will come smaller and similar to the ones in all the other browser

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.