Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

IE / FF positioning ?

• # September 20, 2008 at 7:03 am

Can anyone help and tell me why the layout goes all freaky on this site, its ok in IE but Firefox and Safari sends it all over the place ?
    http://rochfordrugbyfanzone.4t.com/cgi/index.php

Thanks guys n girls just trying to help a mate out !

# September 20, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Your markup could use a little help. You have many places where you don’t close your tags. Browsers typically don’t complain about this but it makes diagnosing problems a little more difficult when the code isn’t easy to read. You also have many <body> tags. You should only have one in your page. IMO I’d say this site is ripe for redesign from the bottom up.

# September 20, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Well,for one you’re using tables. Bad. :)

But otherwise it looks like you’ve probablly left a table row/col open somewhere so the content is flowing over the whole page.

I’d say get ride of the tables, start fresh with CSS and HTML :D

If you don’t want to get rid of the tables, then got to the w3c.org and validate your code. You’ll get a list of errors and warnings, which after you fix should fix whatever problems you are having!

# September 22, 2008 at 4:01 am

Thanks Brandon & Lindsey, I’ve been telling the webmaster of this site the very same thing for months but he wouldn’t listen and I just needed some backup, hopefully this will do the job !

box
    # September 22, 2008 at 4:39 am

The code is awful. I suggest you find someone who knows how to build websites. ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".