Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE and Firefox image position

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    poporacer

I have a webpage that I am using CSS and I can’t get an image to line up properly in Firefox 3.0.7 What I want is a graphic menu bar on the left side, a top bar, a main content below the top bar, and a right bar with a picture in it. I have it all set up and in IE 7.0.6 it works perfectly, in Firefox the image is at the bottom of the page. I want it to be at the top. Here is the code:

Code:

Some of my favorite links

CLAWTATTOOS.COM

Psycho
    City

This is where I did the majority of my training under Mike Pike, Jo Jo
    Akermann and Shad, a.k.a. Hori Tsuki Kage
    Shad’s (Hori Tsuki
    Kage)
    Web Page

A good site with large oriental pieces
    Ignition Tattoos
    A shop that produces some great, more traditional, artwork
    Ink Impact Studios Web
    Page

A studio I like to hang out when I am in Belguim.
    Outlaw Irons Web
    Page

One of the better places for Tattoo Machines and parts
    Royal Tattoos Web Page
    Another Studio I like to hang out at when I am in Denmark
    Strange World
    Tattoos
    Web Page

Another Studio I like to hang out at when I am in Canada
    My Myspace Web
    Page

Just my hang out

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Gotta say dude – its a bit of a mess, if I correct one thing other things are gonna need fixing, might be better to start again… if I have some time a little later I will go over it… :)

poporacer

I can’t think of a better way to accomplish what I want without the mess. I hope you get a chance to look at it! Thanks in advance

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "poporacer" wrote:
    I can’t think of a better way to accomplish what I want without the mess. I hope you get a chance to look at it! Thanks in advance

Do you have a mock up in Photoshop or anywhere an image that you are working from? :) Is the site live yet, would be easyer to see the pictures and stuff :)

poporacer

Yes- the webpage is clawtattoos.com/links.html …. I know this has a bunch of things in their, a bunch of it is to keep compatability with all browsers (as much as possible). Thanks for loooking at it!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Ok dude.. I just spend the last 40mins digging through your code lol – and decided it best to scrap it all and write it so you can see how it should be writen…

I replicated what you had as much as possible…

Enjoy!

Website demo: click

Files: click

P.S. you owe me a pint. :P

poporacer

I figured it out! There was an extra bracket that was throwing the code off. I appreciate taking the time in looking at it!!! These things bug me and I keep looking and looking….this time I found it!!!

poporacer

Rob,

THANKS!!! Your code is WAY cleaner!!! However the menu bar in IE does not show properly :( There are gaps between the graphics…. Where do I send the pint???? It would be nice if your code would work….I will look at it and if you get a chance to look at it, I will send 2 pints!!!

Again, Thanks a billion!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

well tbh – its not the best way to lay out a menu – you should make the sprites include the spacer :) – I shall update…

*Fixed btw…

poporacer

Thanks!!! It looks great!!!
    You are awesome

Rob MacKay
    Participant

nice – glad I could help :) now learn from the code I did and you can lay out the rest of your site like that :D ;)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.