Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other IE 9: Flash breaks text cursor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chitsaou

Hi all,

I’m recently working on an issue about embedded Flash. The problem is: when a Flash is embedded with `mode=transparent` (for stacking divs on it), then if user scrolls it out of the screen, the text cursor in form inputs will break — it does not visually moved as you press arrow keys or click mouse buttons.

I’ve also found a workaround for this problem, detailed on [my blog](http://blog.yorkxin.org/2012/10/25/offscreen-flash-video-cursor-issue-ie9/). Briefly, I put an always-visible 1px Flash at the bottom-left corner of the window (using `position:fixed` which is supported on IE 9), so there will be no more off-screen Flash, and *solved* the problem on my website.

I cannot reproduce this problem on IE 8 and other browsers, so I think this is an IE 9-only bug.

Has anyone encountered similar issues? If so, how did you resolve such problem? Also, is there a user end solution for that? Since not all the websites are aware of this problem, and may make their IE 9 visitor feel bad when typing something.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.