Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS IE 7 not displaying header or footer at 100% Width

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sweetums66

I’m having trouble with the following site that I’m currently creating http://www.lovecreativeuk.co.uk/rivenhall/index.html. Problem seems to be with IE 7 (although I am using IE Tester on a Mac so cannot be totally sure).
    I have the header and footer divs outside the main page wrap and have set them to display at 100% width (which they do just fine in Firefox and IE8 but in IE7 the page has a horizontal scroll bar and if you scroll to the right you can see the header and footer stop.
    Is this a common error in IE7 and is their anything I can do about it?

On a separate note I am also confused as to why IE6 and IE7 display the "Home" button in the Main Menu as aligned to the left when all the menu text in centered. :?

Any help/suggestions much appreciated as always

TheDoc

Header and the Footer are both displaying at 100% width perfectly fine in IE7 – no scrollbar either. Probably just a problem with your tester.

It doesn’t, however, look very good in IE7. Most of the text seems to be off, etc.

On a side note, that huge blurry man is a little odd!

sweetums66

Haha yeh the big blurry man is an un-purchased stock image that the client wants added.
    I’ll purchase the high quality version when I’ve got the clients final approval!

Thanks for checking it out in IE7 and I’m glad it must just be my tester causing the 100% probs.

As for the text being off, I know in my tester it shows that IE6 and IE7 display the "Home" button in the Main
    Menu as aligned to the left when all the menu text in centered. Is it like that in the real versions of IE6/7?
    If so then I have no idea why it is doing that or how to fix it so any suggestions would be great.

However if you mean the text in the orange boxes then that’s just because I have not finished styling them
    yet so they should be fixed by the end (hopefully) ;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.