Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other I would like to get some feedback on this mock-up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PStokes

I am doing this for a bed and breakfast in my area, they have no logo but have branded themselves with the sun deal in the header.

It is not done but I would still like to hear your thoughts.

TheDoc

[edit]Only wanted to post that out of humor, realized I should probably remove it haha.[/edit]

PStokes

Thats funny and scary at the same time, almost the same header image.

I would suggest trying to work some darker colors into the mockup, and perhaps using a background color other than white. At the moment, it feels a bit hard on the eyes — the yellow and greens chosen seem a bit bright. Then again, maybe it won’t be quite as bad when text is in place.

Huh. Both of you must have used the same stock image for the grass/flowers/sun. Just noticed that the flowers/grass from the new design is the same as the flowers/grass in the footer of TheDoc’s site. One of the downsides of using a stock image…

TheDoc
    "falkencreative" wrote:
    Huh. Both of you must have used the same stock image for the grass/flowers/sun. Just noticed that the flowers/grass from the new design is the same as the flowers/grass in the footer of TheDoc’s site. One of the downsides of using a stock image…

One of the downsides of a tight budget, really. Client needed it fast and cheap, stock options allow for that unfortunately.

PStokes

Thanks falkencreative I will take that into consideration and maybe post something new.

Luminated

Agreed…another option is to just try and create it yourself…no better way to stress those illustrator skills to the limit! :mrgreen:

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I think its cute :)

It wouldnt be hard to recreate that in illustrator…

I like it, however I would change the font on the navigational bar, something simpler, Serif/Sans-Serif – just makes it simpler, and keeps things looking smooth ;)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.