Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other I want to get experienced with php…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mattvot

… but I hate making things that are just for the sake of learning. I would much prefer to make something that somebody could use. So do you have any ideas. Maybe a cool web app or site you don’t know how to make, can’t be bothered to or just don’t have the time that will be a good way for me to learn, any size will do? Thanks

Rob MacKay
    Participant

unfortunately it might be better to at least get some groundwork in first :)

I found the best tutorial to lay some good foundations was by Jeff from Theme Forest.

http://blog.themeforest.net/screencasts … eo-series/

and the Regular expressions to go with the series that runs along side that one :)

Other wise you will get really frustrated trying to start, and these tuts at least give you piratical examples to do :)

– Rob

AshtonSanders
    Participant

If you want something to develop in PHP, I would make a simple CMS. This will also get you working with MySQL Databases, and you can always expand and upgrade to image uploading, etc., etc.

<offtopic>
    Coolest Spelling Error of the day:

"Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    piratical

Defined: something that is useful to Pirates
    </offtopic>

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Yeerrarrgg!

Surely if you want something piratical you should make a bit torrent tracker site…. :roll:

apostrophe
    Participant

Or an ecommerce sight for eye patches, wooden legs and parrots.

Yo ho ho. ;)

mattvot

thanks for the suggestions!

I decided to go with a bittorrent cms where you can download torrents printable eyepatches!

Thanks Robski…, I’d seen these great tuts before but I was lame and didn’t bookmark it so I lost it. Thanks for the link.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.