Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design I need help with a client!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

Guys,
    I need help and fast.

I’ve got a client who insists that a website have “levels of discovery.” Meaning, the more you scroll and venture through the site, there’s all kind of little surprises waiting for the user.

I was always taught to convey a message as fast as possible. So, I’m trying to keep info above the fold where I can and get straight to the point.

They keep telling me there’s no “levels of discovery.” Has anyone heard of this? What should I do?

__
    Participant

You should tell them that they need to explain what they want; it’s a waste of time for you to guess.

This isn’t a bad thing, or a complaint against them, or a lack of skill on your part. If they’re not getting what they want, then they need to spend more time developing the concept with you so you have a firm definition of what needs to be done.

__
    Participant

I’d say focus on the positive: not “what don’t you like,” but “what do you want to see?” The advantage here is that it will clarify whether or not they know what they want, instead of placing the responsibility on you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.