Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design I knew this would happen.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pctechtv
    Participant

Does anybody know how Mozilla on there Firefox start page had the image of a sparkling (green stuff moving around) world map. They just took it down recently. When you clicked on it there was no background image option or image view option. Here is a picture of it
    Pic
    I knew they would take it down before I had a chance to ask how this is done. It was basically a pick that I though was some type of animation in it. It was not flash as far as I know. I used the Firefox add-on Scrapbook to make a copy of it, but unlike any other pages captured by Scrapbook it has no image anymore. Could this be some type of secure CDN? Thanks

pctechtv
    Participant

I don’t know if the HTML file will help determine that. If you interested you can look here it is:HTML Page
    Thanks

meestevezaguado
    Participant

Maybe you are talking about this?

https://webwewant.mozilla.org/en/?utm_source=snippet&utm_medium=snippet&utm_content=glow2014en

If you close the popup message that map appears behind.
    I reached this page by clicking on the lower mozilla sign in the mozilla start page.

I don’t know exactly how it is done, but at least now you may be able to look at the source code in some way. =)

Paulie_D

Yep…<canvas> element & SVG.

pctechtv
    Participant

Thanks. That links is just like a bigger version that they had where the Firefox logo is now (and usually is). HTML5 Canvas is something I am planning on learning about. Thanks again everyone!

pctechtv
    Participant

Right now Google has this
    https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=ww&ei=h4p6U_W1D_bOsQShtIBw&ved=0CBcQ1S4
    How is this done is it a similar thing? Thanks

pctechtv
    Participant

Right now Firefox home page has a bouncing star animation, when you right click on it you don’t get any options for Flash or image save options. Is this a canvas element? Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.