Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I.E. spry menu issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello guys,

This is my first website from the ground up, so be kind to my design.

Anyways, the site is http://www.thebjjprogram.com

if you notice on the spry menu on the left, if you use mozilla or any other browser and you actually click on the schedule section (not that you should, but users will) nothing happens. But if you use IE and you click on the schedules button, it will put an off-center box around the button itself.

now i had the issue that it had a red box around it even in mozilla, but i just went to

ul.MenuBarVertical a:hover, ul.MenuBarVertical a:focus

and changed the color of that to black so it wouldn’t show up.

If you guys know how to fix this, besides using a new jquery drop down or something, (i’d still like to use my spry menu) please let me know.

I’m assuming you can get the css from the page itself, but if not let me know and i’ll post it.

TheDoc

Having a link like that that goes nowhere is a huge UI no-no. If something looks clickable, I should be able to click on it and be taking somewhere.

I don’t know what the problem is that you’re describing, as I can’t see it myself, but it sounds like you’re describing the outline property. http://www.w3schools.com/CSS/pr_outline.asp

Other note:

You have a 3mb image on your home page. 3MB!!! You need to shrink that down before putting it up on the website, not just changing the width and height manually through HTML. The file size will remain huge.

the 3mb picture was just used offline as a placeholder and won’t be used when the site is up. Thanks for the heads up on that one though, i used to just put pictures on sites without worrying about how big they are, that will be fixed before the site actually gets linked on our main site.

as far as the "link" for schedules there, its a rollover image and i put no target on it. how would you suggest i do that differently using spry so that it doesn’t link to nowhere?

TheDoc
    "calamusandsinew" wrote:
    as far as the "link" for schedules there, its a rollover image and i put no target on it. how would you suggest i do that differently using spry so that it doesn’t link to nowhere?

Why don’t you just create a "Schedules" page? Surely it would be more user friendly.

Also, it seems to work fine on my coworker’s computer on ie7 using xp,

my computer is using ie8 using vista 64.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.