Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS I.E is killing me.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Prythm

I have a simple site:

http://www.hastainc.com

basic portfolio, works fine everywhere except i.e 8 and below. Unfortunately here things get real sticky. The media queries seem to be recognised in firebug but nothing changes, you can see width’s explicitly set but they are still sitting at 100%, simple text-align: center; declarations are getting ignored.

Here is a link to the CSS file if anyone dares to read it.

Some things to note:

-i.e media queries provided with css3-mediaqueries.js

-the page does validate under the html5 doctype

-the css file was originally written with scss and outputted (hence all the comments), I then re-wrote the media queries so they were grouped at the bottom as I thought having them all over may have been the cause.

I feel like I must be missing something really obvious here, I’ve never really had I.E problems before, css3-mediaqueries.js has always worked a charm, but really- I’m stumped

veryevil

Hey, could it be that IE8 and below don’t understand HTML5? I have started using html5shiv.js https://github.com/aFarkas/html5shiv to make my site ie8 compatible.

in fact i use

html5shiv.js

respond.min.js

selectivizr-min

to get media queries, html5 and pseudo elements working

veryevil

Also just spotted you are forcing it into ie 5.5 quirk mode use

Prythm

that meta tag was really just a trial and error thing.

But! html5shiv.js did the trick, thanks man! I was seconds away from pulling my hair out. You are the man.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

EDIT nevermind :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.