Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other HTML5 Video Hosting Services?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dfogge
    Participant

hey css tricksters, i’ve been looking everywhere for a youtube-like video host that isnt youtube. ive been googling for days with lots of false leads and very little luck.

basically i’m looking for a paid hosting service where i can upload a video once and have them do all the various format conversions and allow me to embed a non-branded video player.

do any of you lovely people know of one?
    thanks in advance!

dfogge
    Participant

thanks for the answer josh but as far as i know they dont actually host videos they just provide a really nice video player.

JPC776
    Participant

What about Vimeo?
    They have basic, plus & pro versions depending on what you need.

chrisburton
    Participant

Vimeo is what I use

dfogge
    Participant

thanks for the replies, vimeo pro looks pretty decent. im really surprised i couldnt find more companies offering this service.

Mottie

Vimeo > YouTube :P

dfogge
    Participant

from what i can tell commercial restrictions do apply to a vimeo plus account, but not the pro account, which is $199/year.

bobardell1

We convert all uploads to flv and mp4 and host them and provide an unbranded player and serve them through EdgeCast and Akamia. $19. a month. http://www.oculu.com

dfogge
    Participant

hey bob, its good to know there’s another option out there. thanks for the info.

hi dfogge we’ve been using gravitylab for html5 video hosting, they do the rollover thing, where you can upload 1 video then get the webm, mp4, flv version in 1 player. they also give people the option for HD or iOS with the whole apple HLS thing with them, so it’s a lot of screen compatibility for your money.

we used vimeo for awhile, we weren’t sure if that look unprofessional to have their logo on our site? never considered youtube for that reason, don’t like their advertising.

cheers,

JD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.