Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other html5 reset wordpress theme.. how can i safely do this…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

I’m just now getting into wordpress, thanks to my WP mentor @ChristopherBurton lol..

I have noticed when installing WP, there are LOADS of files. After installing the HTML5 Reset WP Theme i’m noticing there are a lot of files that i’m not sure i can delete now.

for example: the wp-includes/js folder has, well i stopped counting about 50 JavaScript files, I want to clean up my folder hierarchy and since i’m so new to WP i am wondering how to do it safely.

I’ve attempted sifting through every file starting from the very main index.php and it has become so tedious.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips. I’m at the point where i’m just going to make backups then start deleting stuff and if i break it, upload a backup.

chrisburton
    Participant

Hey @JohnMotylJr. I tried contacting you through Gmail Chat. The ‘loads’ of files you’re speaking of are not from the theme but the core WordPress files.

Just to answer this question for anyone else:

You ONLY edit the files inside your theme which is located in the themes folder.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton, Yeah i was away but i just got it, we can further the chat via our previous ways since im going to mark this solved.

@andy_unleash, yeah man. Thats exactly what i was going to do, go static then just convert over.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.