Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

HTML Image Gallery

• # January 20, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Ive created a website for a client and we’ve decided to add an image gallery to the site that can easily be updated.

The site is just html and css.

can this be done?

p.s my client has no knowage of html.

Thanks in advanced.

# January 20, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I think using greybox would be easy enough if you properly documented/explained to your client how to use it.

Outside of that there are things like flickr, but I’d rather use something eternally. Without a CMS your options are rather limited methinks.

# January 21, 2009 at 2:45 am
    "ScottMacD" wrote:
    Ive created a website for a client and we’ve decided to add an image gallery to the site that can easily be updated.

The site is just html and css.

can this be done?

p.s my client has no knowage of html.

Thanks in advanced.

is your client going to be adding the images themselves? or you?

if its you, then I have a basic javascript file, that you can change in in a few seconds, mainly the number of images you have.

its not the most beautiful, but it just shows the image, and when clicking a button either goes forward or back, as I said simple.

here is a working version of it:
    http://www.woskf.co.uk/gallery.php

there the images are stored in a directory and each image is called gal (*) * is from 1 – the end of my images, the javascript calls everything but loops through the numbers so that it sees each image.

so the only thing you would need to do is rename the image to the next number up, change the main number of image files in the javascript to the new number, and upload the image file and gallery file.

# January 21, 2009 at 2:19 pm

It wouldnt be a problem if i was updating it, but my client would like to add photos of events, etc.

Unfotunatly he has no knowage of html.

ill look into the methods you have suggested.

Thansks

# January 21, 2009 at 2:24 pm

You may want to look into something like Plogger (http://www.plogger.org/) or ZenPhoto (http://www.zenphoto.org/). They will be a little more work for you to set up, but you can then provide the client with a administration system to add and remove photos without knowledge of coding.

# January 22, 2009 at 2:48 am
    "ScottMacD" wrote:
    It wouldnt be a problem if i was updating it, but my client would like to add photos of events, etc.

Unfotunatly he has no knowage of html.

ill look into the methods you have suggested.

Thansks

once set up all he need to do is change a number…

I take it he knows how to change a file name by right clicking and rename? if so he can change the name of the file of the photo.

then change the amount of images to be cycled through

Code:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".