Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other HTML 5 Reset Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ChristineS

I just picked up a job that’s using the HTML 5 Reset theme. I’m having a problem with the menus. The site has a two-level navigation, which works fine. When I try to switch a second-level nav to a first level nav, I’m losing all the second-level navigation that was associated with it. Hope that makes sense.

Paulie_D

Nope….not really.

How can you switch a 2nd level menu to a 1st level one?

ChristineS

Hah! If you want to see a visual, here’s the website:
    http://www.pitcherinn.com.
    I want “Accomodations” to be “Suites & Guests”. When I do that, I also want the “Rates & Packages” etc. to be where they are now.

Paulie_D

Simple answer.

Change the text of “Accomodation” to “Suites & Guestrooms”.

Change the text of “Suites & Guestrooms” to something like “Room Gallery”

Does that do it?

ChristineS

Paulie_D: That doesn’t really work. The client is trying to eliminate one click for the user. “Suites & Guestrooms” will go directly to the gallery of rooms rather than “Accomodations” going to a “splash” page of sorts, which includes a link to “Suites & Guestrooms”.

Paulie_D

So there are, it seems two issue.

The first is pretty simple;

Change the text of “Accomodation” to “Suites & Guestrooms”.

Change the `href` of that link to that of “Suites & Guestrooms” (http://www.pitcherinn.com/accommodations/suites-guestrooms/)

Shouldn’t be that hard unless there is something that we don’t know.

Second issue is, I suppose, the elimination of the “Suites & Guestrooms” from the sub menu. I think you could just remove it entirely couldn’t you?

ChristineS

Yes, I agree with your method. I guess I just got hung up on why when I go into the “menus” part of WP, it doesn’t seem to work as I would expect. That’s when I lose the bottom row of navigation.

ChristineS

I changed the href in the WP page to suites-guestrooms, but it still goes to “accomodations”. Is there someplace else that needs to be changed?

Paulie_D

WP isn’t my area of expertise but I’m guessing there is something I am missing.

I still get this…

• Accommodations
  • I guess there is something I’m missing.

ChristineS

Ok. Well, thanks for your help Paulie_D.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.