Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS HTML 5.0 new Supporting Features

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jhonpeter

Hey Folks,

There is lot of hype/expectations around HTML 5.0. So I was looking for more details about new features in HTML5.0 & also how these features will be working in various browsers.
    I think Geo location is/will be the one of the hottest topic/feature, I found one good article about HTML5 and its features…. Surprisingly this link is coming from Samsung’s developer forum aka Samsung Mobile Innovator..(I didn’t know that Samsung is also supporting/influencing HTML5.0 features so that their mobile browsers can support rich web experience… Samsung that’s the way to go…..:) )

The code details given were very useful. I hope this will be helpful for all other HTML and mobile widget/application developers.
    All the details you can find here http://innovator.samsungmobile.com/cms/ … ntsId=7260

Some of the details covered the above article:

Article Tag
    The Article element represents an independent section of a document, page or site. For Ex: Articles are suitable for contents like news, blogs, forum posts or individual comments.

File Browsing
    Input type File attribute is used for browsing the files present on the phone or pc. This is not supported on Mobiles. For Ex: The below given image shows the clear description how it works.

Geo-location using HTML5
    This feature supported on web. This feature is not supported on wave device.

function showMap(position)
    {
    alert(position.coords.latitude, position.coords.longitude);
    document.getElementById(‘latitude’).innerHTML = position.coords.latitude;
    document.getElementById(‘longitude’).innerHTML = position.coords.longitude;
    }

Offline Web Application
    In order to enable users to continue interacting with web applications and documents even when their network connection is unavailable Ex: when user is travelling outside of the ISP’s coverage area – authors can provide a manifest which lists the files that are needed for the web application to work offline and which causes the users browser to keep a copy of the files for use offline.

You can find full code and details from the above link. Know the new features in easy way.

Please do feel free to share other good links on HTML 5.0 ….

doobie

html5doctor.com is a great resource. It’s HTML5, btw.

you might pick up a copy of HTML5 for Web Designers by Jeremy Keith published by A Book Apart. It’s a great resource/intro to HTML5.

ruderic

This is a great resource for HTML5: http://diveintohtml5.org/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.