Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other htaccess help needed !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mcgyver47
    Participant

Hi
    I have copied my WP site from http://www.domain.org (database included etc..) to my home server for further local development.
    New local IP is: 192.168.1.xxx/MB
    Every thing is working well except none of my images located on original site in /wp-content/files/xxx.jpg are showing on local server (image not found of course)
    I am pretty sure I can use htaccess file to solve this problem but have not succeded so far
    Can I use something like :
    Redirect 301 /wp-content/files 192.168.1.xxx/MB/wp-content/files/
    This doesn’t work !
    Anybody any ideas ?
    Thanks for help
    Regards from France

TheDoc

Install a plugin called Velvet Blues Update URLs. You can change all of the URLs on your local copy.

mcgyver47
    Participant

Thanks
    Will give it a try and keep you posted on how it works
    Changing all URLs on local copy is to much to do as I have over 150 links to modify

mcgyver47
    Participant

Unfortunatly Velvet Blues Update doesn’t do the trick in this particular case

TheDoc

What doesn’t it change? It has worked flawlessly for me on many occasions.

mcgyver47
    Participant

All images are referenced in original site: src=”/wp-content/files/onu-s.jpg”
    Original site is in root folder
    Local site : 192.168.1.190/MB
    Images are located in folder: 192.168.1.190/MB/wp-content/files/
    MB is just a sub-folder
    I havn’t succeded with suggested plugin this is why I think htaccess redirect instructions might be a better answer. Or may be I didn’t use plugin the correct way !
    Thanks for help

TheDoc

Aaahhh, so it’s a relative link… interesting, as WordPress never does it like that. Is this something that you’ve hard coded into a template or you’ve modified the src URLs in the actual WordPress pages?

I don’t know enough about htaccess to provide you with a solution there.

mcgyver47
    Participant

it is definitly a relative link that I have hard coded into all posts with thumbnails
    To improve my coding practices how do you recommand I should code these src URLs in the future.
    Thanks for help

Billy
    Participant

I’ve had the same problem that I can never get images into a template with HTML. I just use a div with a background of the image, and that does work for some reason.

TheDoc

Have you hardcoded it into a template (single.php, page.php, etc) or have done on a post by post basis?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.