Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript How would i change the background on a timer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

So lets just assume that i have been living under a rock the past couple years and not really had time to learn and really understand jquery. But i have started looking at it, and it seems fairly simple im just horrible at Google searching.

My question is, how would i go about changing the background for the entire page ( on a timer ) with some sort of fade or ease out.

Now i know how to use javascript to link a different stylesheet depending on time but i would like to use the Math.random * 255 to randomly generate a different color.

Im not expecting code but if anyone has a few good references i would be much appreciated.

Horrible Excuse for Pseudo code:

$(document).ready(function() {
    //variable for the random number
    var randomColor = 'rgb(' + (Math.floor(Math.random() * 256)) + ',' + (Math.floor(Math.random() * 256)) + ',' + (Math.floor(Math.random() * 256)) + ')';
    //im guessing the element below to be effected?
    // ??????????????????????????????????????????????
    // this is my attempt to at least attempt a guess than expect any help lol...
    });
    jamygolden

You’ve done pretty well so far. I’ve done a quick example with javascript + the css3 transition property: http://jsfiddle.net/jamygolden/ETcRU/

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

In the words of “Chester Cheetah” (from the cheetos commercials)
    …”Well done sahh”..

Thank you, i could really implement and expand off that example. I didnt even think about using CSS3 transitions, good call.. Again, thanks so super D duper Much.

TheDoc

haha is that what Chester used to say? It’s been so long since I’ve seen an ad! All I can think about right now is Tony the Tiger… “Theeeey’re Greeeeaaaat!”

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@cnwtx hey man, checked out that link, fairly simple but as the example that jamy_za provided i can use just a little bit of jquery and a variable that randomizes my output. Yet again, css3 could be my answer for javascript disabled browsers. Thanks for the link, on another note, i haven’t checked out this dabblet site before but it seems pretty easy and very user friendly… But that code is an easy alternative to being able to select my colors and i could add different transitions. Thanks again cnwtx.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.