Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to use onclick attribute instead of Hover in CSS without jquery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jothiboss
    Participant

I’m using these css codes for panning an image towards right on hover

<i> .vertpan img { margin-left: 0px; -webkit-transition: margin 1s ease; -moz-transition: margin 1s ease; -o-transition: margin 1s ease; -ms-transition: margin 1s ease; transition: margin 1s ease; }

.vertpan img:hover { margin-left: 200px; }
    </i>

but I need to pan the image after only click that.

suggest ASAP..

Thanks in Advance

nixnerd
    Participant

CSS doesn’t handle click events. You will need JS/jQuery. CSS has an :active pseudo selector… but that only does something when the user actually has the mouse button down.

Jothiboss
    Participant

okay..

Then, can you help me with JS coding for that…??

nixnerd
    Participant

This isn’t a coding service. Perhaps you could try it yourself and post back if you run into problems? Try making a Codepen.

__
    Participant

If you don’t know were to start, check out developer.mozilla.org for a javascript reference. Start with methods like querySelector and addEventListener.

How much experience do you have with JS? do you understand the language?

macro6461
    Participant

Not sure if this is still an issue for you considering its been over three years but I found a bit of a loophole for using animations and active instead of resorting to jquery:

Context: I am making a coin flipper project where I use javascript and html/css. The functionality works perfectly well but I wanted my image of a coin to actually appear to flip. I used active and it only worked when I held the mouse down. But then, I changed the rotateX to 1440 deg (a lot of spinning) AND I changed the transition in the original element style to a shorter amount of time. Thus more spins were occurring faster in the period of time it took to click. I have the CSS if you follow the link just imagine the submit button as a picture of a quarter):
    https://codepen.io/macro6461/pen/jGrJrg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.