Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to take “responsive screenshots”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sorrentandrea
    Participant

Hello everyone! =)
    I would like to know if there is a tool that can help me take some screenshot of my website like it’s viewed on mobile devices.
    I thought to use responsinator and do it manually, but if there is an “automatic way” to do that, I would prefer.
    thanks!

Koopa
    Participant

It would be nice to know which Os you are using.
    Personally I use an app named Papparazzi! on Mac OS X

sorrentandrea
    Participant

I use Windows 7 x64

sorrentandrea
    Participant

It’s a cool service but I need something different =)

sorrentandrea
    Participant

@ChrisP what plugin are you using for chrome?

ChrisP
    Participant

@sorrentandrea, it’s called Webpage Screenshot, it’s very basic, but gets the job done..

http://www.webpagescreenshot.info

TreeRoot
    Participant

If you have any of these mobile or tablet devices at your disposal, they may have internal screenshot capabilities. For instance, just do a google search for something such as “how take screenshot with iphone” or “how take screenshot with android” and you’ll get instructions.

If you don’t have access to these then I recommend installing a general screenshot capture program on your computer and taking captures using a resized browser window. You want to use something that’s capable of capturing a “window” or “control” instead of a “region.”

That’s the dirtiest method, but it can get the job done.

sorrentandrea
    Participant

@treeRoot I’m able to do the job without any program, I was asking for something automatic, but it don’t seem to exist. =)

@ChrisP
    thanks I’ll give it a try =)

sorrentandrea
    Participant

Really thank you all =)

salamandros
    Participant

Check out http://mobile1st.com – 15+ live devices — not emulators — that render screenshots that can be then zipped. Also includes device analytics if you hook up GA to your account. Render time: 30 seconds. Responsive screenshots for top iOS and Android devices (those with biggest market share, continually updated).
    Cheers,
    Daniel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.