Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other how to reply to job offer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    johnjf

I just got offered a job to do some freelance wordpress dev work and I don’t have much experience when it comes to replying back to people about job offers. This is only my 2nd job offer and it’s for small work but they want to build a long term working relationship.

I’m not sure how I should reply. Can someone help me out please? This is what I have but I don’t think it’s good enough.

“Good day, thanks for contacting me for a job opportunity. I checked out the link to the theme you sent me and I’d be able to make the changes you’re asking for. I’d be very happy building a long term working relationship and helping your business out whenever needed.

Thanks again and I look forward to your reply.”

Is this good enough or should I mention how to go about payments and more work? or do I ask this after they reply?

Also my main thing is how would I go about asking for payment such as how much, when should I get payed, how will I be payed? etc. I’m not sure how I would ask this without looking greedy, etc.

Thanks for the help

TheDoc

Remember: asking to get paid isn’t greedy. Would you think a plumber is being greedy when they ask you to pay for the service that you just received? You’re offering a service, just like anyone else.

if it’s going to be a big project, remember to get some money up front as a deposit. You’ll also need to create a contract for you and the client to both sign. Figure out your hourly rate, etc etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.