Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other how to REALLY hide the address bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rwchampin
    Participant

So ive looed at the css tricks tutorial and tried a few other ways to make this happen when designing for mobile but it will work for a while and then when i update the site it stops working….ideas? my site is
    [webworx](http://www.nycwebworx.com “nyc webworx”)

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Short answer: you can’t.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Removing one of the most important feature of the browser to make room isn’t a good option.

SilverSerpent
    Participant

Besides, even if every browser had a non-static address bar, you’d still need some way to figure out the exact height of the bar. The only way I could think of is maybe using an invisible div set to `position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0;` and then get the screen height using javascript and compare it to the height of the div, then scroll down that many pixels. And I have no idea if that would work (which it probably wouldn’t because most browsers have stuff on the bottom too), but if it did it still wouldn’t account for devices with static address bars and desktop browsers. So in short, it would be difficult to implement at all and even if you could then it would still be really fragile. Too much trouble than the extra 50 pixels would be worth in my opinion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.