Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to ‘live reload’ a page on a proxy server viewed on another computer.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    akurtula
    Participant

Hi

On my mac I am running mamp pro. I also run [SquidMan](http://squidman.net/squidman/ “”) through proxy server, I can access my mamp site on any of my devices. This is great.

Recently my external monitor has broken, and I thought I could use this method to make changes to my site on my mac and see the site in my ipad/pc. Is works great, however, Is there a way to have the site auto reload on my other computer when I edit it in another computer? Basically a similar feature to codepen pro

thanks

goeko
    Participant

I search for the same.
    If I use my local IP without SquidMan livereload are working for me, but I need configure every project to localhost in MAMP and that’s suboptimal for a developer with many projects and many testers for this projects.

matthewmcvickar
    Participant

This is doable; you need to add the LiveReload port to SquidMan’s configuration file. I figured this out and emailed the developer, who has added the workaround to the SquidMan FAQ.

Here is the explanation and instructions:

LiveReload uses port 35729 to communicate with web clients that are monitoring a page for changes. If you are using SquidMan as a proxy server and it is sitting between your web site and the clients you want to see updates on, you will need to edit the SquidMan template. Locate the following line:

acl SSL_ports port 443

and add after it the following:

acl SSL_ports port 35729

Save your changes and SquidMan should restart Squid automatically to pick up the configuration change.

You should be fine after that!

Alen
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.