Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript How to increase or decrease increment speed in javascript?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    AlirezaM
    Participant

Hello!

Is there any way to change increment speed (speed of a++ or a–) in javascript?

If yes how? and where to put the code?

Thanks in advance!

Alireza.M

dfogge
    Participant

i’d need to see your code to know how to help you with your specific issue, but in the meantime this stackoverflow may hold your answer:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10586890/increment-integer-by-1-every-1-second

see also: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/DOM/window.setInterval?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=window.setInterval

AlirezaM
    Participant

Actually I want to increase this script’s speed of 0 to 100.

http://codepen.io/JoshBlackwood/pen/cqDib

What’s your idea?

CarlRosell
    Participant

in that case you could only change the setInterval number to a smaller number than 100.

Paulie_D

If the number at the end

}, 100);

were to be 1000, then the indicator will increment every 1000ms or every 1 second.

You can adjust the increment speed with that.

100 = 0.1s

500 = 0.5s

2000 = 2s

AlirezaM
    Participant

Yes, that’s it.

Thank you Paulie! it worked.

Now, If I want to use multiple of this progress bars inside of one page what I should do?

When I put multiple progress bars in one page one of them works but the others not.

Paulie_D

>If I want to use multiple of this progress bars inside of one page what I should do?

Don’t….I can’t think of anything more annoying.

AlirezaM
    Participant

What do you mean by saying this?

I have questions about web and will ask here because here is exactly the right place.

AlirezaM
    Participant

The reason of doing this is that I show my costumers different colors of these progresses.

Now, I changed those ids to classes but the problem is I want to put them different percentages but all of them works exactly like first one.

I mean I give them for example : 10% , 20%, 30% and 40% but all of them work till 10%.

AlirezaM
    Participant

But if you read previous comments I could change the speed by Paulie’s helps.

Now I want to use multiple progresses in one page.

AlirezaM
    Participant

Yes man.

Now it’s working.

You noticed it’s not clean js, can you change it to be as clean as possible?

Paulie_D

Sheesh….do some of your own work why don’t you?

AlirezaM
    Participant

Dear Paulie if I was that professional I never asked my questions here.

Paulie_D

But if you don’t try, how will you learn?

AlirezaM
    Participant

I’m really trying to learn but program languages is really hard to learn for me .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.