Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How to get this scrolling effect with menu ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    codegrill
    Participant

hi,

My client just told me to develop a website with the same inter-phase like this website …

Link – http://mypizzaoven.nl/

So can anyone tell me as how to achieve this in wordpress or in html5 or how ? or if there is any tutorial then please let em know …..

codegrill

Paulie_D

Javascript / Jquery scrolling

http://lions-mark.com/jquery/scrollTo/

codegrill
    Participant

So how to get that appropriate effect with menu …. That to in wordpress …. Can u guide me little bit ….

Paulie_D

We’re not a ‘code it for you’ or tutorial forum

You’d have to do some more research, try things out and see what works and what doesn’t.

If you have something and have trouble getting specific things to work we can help you then.

nixnerd
    Participant

@codegrill The tool you’re looking for is Scroll Path.

You could also EASILY use Scroll Magic.

You’re not just going to copy and paste some code and have this effect on a stock WordPress template. You’re going to need to SCRATCH BUILD a template, using obviously HTML + CSS + PHP and whatever Javascript you might want/need. Then, you’ll need to use something like Scroll Path to create the desired scroll effect from section to section.

This will not be easy and will be quite labor intensive, as this is a mega custom solution. I hope you will be charging accordingly.

mmcgu1966
    Participant

I’ve done a site like that, you essentially have one huge element in a screen-size window and absolutely position it so the part you want to see is in the window. When you click on a link, jQuery changes the absolute-position.

shaneisme
    Participant

If you do end up doing a site like this, please follow the lead that ScrollPath set forth by allowing normal scrolling as well. The pizza website isn’t responsive, nor is it accessible.

nixnerd
    Participant

The pizza website isn’t responsive, nor is it accessible.

I agree with this so much. And even then, approach novelty scrolling with caution. It’s definitely really hot right now but I’ve seen VERY FEW sites that behave really nicely on mobile and smaller devices.

bijutoha
    Participant

Amazing Thread, Principally I’m not a nice familiar into Javascript / Jquery. Today It makes me understand what is going on there!!!. I’m too impressed that I want to know more about it. I know it is not the appropriate place to asking like that even here many experts gathered who can show me the right way to make my self better on them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.