Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to De-Index All the Pages From Google

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    axymak
    Participant

Hi .

Right now I have a Tech Blog Techbymak on the Blogger Platform and there are total 64 pages are Indexed in Google But Now I have Decided to purchase a domain and Transfer it to WordPress so I want to de-index all the page at this time and I want to start my journey from the start.

Please help me How Can I do that.

http://www.techbymak.com

TheDoc

Instead of removing them all from Google and hurting your ranking, you should try setting up 301 redirects.

> If you need to change the URL of a page as it is shown in search engine results, we recommended that you use a server-side 301 redirect. This is the best way to ensure that users and search engines are directed to the correct page. The 301 status code means that a page has permanently moved to a new location.

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=93633

Paulie_D

@TheDoc. That’s true in general but I don’t know if you can do that with Blogger, in fact, I would be very surprised if you could.

If not then about the only thing one could do is make sure that all the content has been moved to WP and the new domain and then delete all the content from Blogger AND then delete the blog.

It shouldn’t take Google long to re-index everything and any previous links just won’t exist.

It might also be worth leaving a single page on the original blog with a redirect js to take people to the new domain…at least for a month or two.

TheDoc

Ah yes, I see he’s already using a custom domain.

If you keep the URLs the same, you shouldn’t have a problem.

axymak
    Participant

@TheDoc thank you . But the Urls will be changed cause the Permalinks will be changed in Wp? Let me try 301 other wise i will manually De-index the pages from webmaster tools.

axymak
    Participant

hey Buddies I have got the Solution and Shortly i will Mention in my new blog.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.