Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How to choose color combinations for website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rajinder S. GIll
    Participant

Hello guys,

The day by day I’m making some templates, logo’s, landing pages, etc, but there is always one thing in my mind which always get me confuse that is color, so right now I would like to ask to every designer how would you choose the colors combination for your website, landing page, logos, etc.

It will really pleasure if you’ll help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Rihan

chrisburton
    Participant
    Federico Balboa
    Participant

i like this Colourco.de

jrock526
    Participant

COLOURlovers “palettes” area has been my go-to for years. I usually pick a half dozen palettes or so and pass them along to the client in the preliminary phase to get a feel of what they like.

nixnerd
    Participant

I’m going to throw this out there as well. I’m not saying you need to try and be trendy or whatever but there are certain colors and pallettes that are “in” right now. Again, don’t follow what everyone else does but be mindful that certain colors are not en vogue.

A look that I REALLY like is to keep things basically as white as possible. White space does amazing things for layout and UX. Then, pick a really great font family. Then, use some black or dark gray to balance it out. Then, pick one pop color and two others to compliment your featured color. That’s pretty much it. That’s a basic triad color scheme with balanced white space. Start with that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.