Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to be Fluent in English ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    amis
    Participant

Hi Everybody ,

I want become Fluent in English especially Conversation and Listening ,
    I have been studied Pharmacy for 5 yrs in English and I can understand any article or post very good except little words , but the problem of me can’t understand any movie or speaking to anyone like native people

I hope anyone help me as I hope also creating videos about webdesign but ….

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Speak English. As often as you can. You’ll be more and more comfortable with it.

amis
    Participant

Thx HugoGiraudel ,
    The problem is I am living in country nobody speak English in Conversation

kevinvance
    Participant

Hi @amis. As somebody who has learned a second language as an adult, and speaks it fluently (I speak English and Spanish), what @HugoGiraudel said is spot on.

Now, the hard part is putting yourself in a situation where you can do it –I know that not everybody is. It can be really hard to surround yourself with your new language, depending on your location and situation.

I would seek out online communities where there are others that want to learn languages as well. You might be able to hook up with somebody that wants to learn your language, and help each other out. That can be tremendously helpful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can practice listening by watching English shows or movies with subtitles, or listening to audio books while following along with the printed version. As for practicing speech, I’m not sure, except for maybe just talking to yourself! Good luck!

chrisburton
    Participant

It might be easier to learn and understand proper English first before watching movies and picking up English slang.

Veve

Hi amis,

I lived in 4 different countries now and speak 5 languages. The key is to speak and interact with native speakers on a daily basis. If you can find somebody online who you could speak with often it will help you a lot. Also, forums is not a bad idea. Choose something you like and are interested in and find a forum and talk to people there. And definitely watch movies. I would watch them without subtitles though. Look, you might not understand first couple times but that will change quickly. I moved to Spain with 0 language skills and got pretty far within couple months. All I am saying is that you have throw yourself into it.
    Good luck! ;)

Hi amis,

If finding native English speakers in your country is a problem then perhaps you could talk to some English-speaking friends who have Skype and have a conversation that way.

Good luck.

amis
    Participant

Thanks very much for all these advices
    I will write it in a paper and begin to do .

pha3z

amis,

Find a group of English speakers online to hang out with on a voice chat program. There are numerous free voice chat programs:
    Mumble
    TeamSpeak
    … to name a few

Get yourself a microphone or headset if you don’t have one. Install one of those programs and search for people who use them.

amis
    Participant

thx pha3z

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@amis, i know you are in a non english speaking place but what worked for me the best to speak Arabic was to surround myself around local nationals whom spoke the language naturally.

amis
    Participant

john , I can’t understand what do u mean ? My native Language is Arabic ..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.