Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How much to charge to convert original website to a bilingual website with language files?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    grimslayer
    Participant

Hi,

Basically I have done work previously for my client and he wanted a 3 page basic website in HTML/CSS and we both agreed to a fixed price of £350. Now a year later I have received an email from him wanting the site to be a bilingual site with external language files coded in PHP. They have provided me with the translations but the work I have done so far is more than what I have originally charged them?

How much do you think I should charge?

ChrisBull

Should have agreed a price before you started and agreed on an hourly rate if unsure how long it will take.
    Everyone is different with prices, depends on your expenses and other income sources. Ultimately it’s up to you to decide how much your time is worth – something mundane like adding different language support to an existing website should be pretty easy if the infrastructure is already in place, although it does sound incredibly boring.

derekbtw
    Participant

Tell him plain and simple you’re expecting more because you’re doing more work on it, take it or leave it. Chances are he’ll stick with you because he knows you’re capable, reliable, etc. I wouldn’t charge much more though.

grimslayer
    Participant

Thanks for the responses but I don’t think I made it clear but I have already received payment, this is him wanting additional work to be done a year later.

Cheers

TheDoc

Then you tell him “yes I can do the work you’ve requested, it will cost you $xxx.xx”.

ChrisBull

LOL Additional work a year later? What kind of contract did you agree to? but seriuosly, unless you actually have a contract to do additional work this is a whole new job.

grimslayer
    Participant

There was no contract agreed just a family friend who wanted a website I just said client to get the most accurate feedback from people as possible :P

So if I had said family friend someone might have said no charge or something along those line :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.