Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How do you have spaces in your dock?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vincent

I’ve seen it in some of Chris’ screen casts. How do you have spaces, or separators in between some of the icons on your dock? I just got Snow Leopard, if it requires that.

Matt
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add ‘{tile-data={}; tile-type=”spacer-tile”;}’

Run that a couple times, then run killall Dock to restart the dock and see the effect. You’ll see a large gap on the left side, just drag them around to suit you.

vincent

Woot, thanks! :D

vincent

Just wondering. If you have an iMac, does the top left get very hot? I think a video card or harddrive is there or something. It gets like really hot, hopefully it doesn’t like burn the screen or something :o

Matt
    "vincent" wrote:
    Just wondering. If you have an iMac, does the top left get very hot? I think a video card or harddrive is there or something. It gets like really hot, hopefully it doesn’t like burn the screen or something :o

The entire top of my iMac gets hot. Also, if you hold something metal up to the rim of the Mac, it’ll stick. The edge of the screen is magnetic :D

vincent

:O

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.