Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How do you feel on my portfolio site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    boshkodj
    Participant

Check out my online portfolio : http://www.bozidardjordjevic.com.

I was redesigning it for, let’s say 100, times, and finally I am satisfied. What do you think about it? How it looks to you? And most important question to me is, how do you feel when you are on it, are you comfortable?

Cheers.

P.S. English is not my primary language, so if I made any grammar mistake, please let me know. :)

Harris Christiansen
    Participant

I think it looks great! The first thing that jumps out at me is just finalizing the website by speeding it up a bit.

Google Pagespeed Insights provides a few things that could be improved, such as caching content, optimizing images, and enabling gzip compression. [Like to Insights]http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bozidardjordjevic.com&tab=desktop “Google pagespeed Insights”

boshkodj
    Participant

Thanks Ed, I will apply your ideas and advices.

They’re very helpful to me. I did that skill percentages just because I saw it on many portfolios, so I thought it’s some sort of “should do it” :)

boshkodj
    Participant

Yeah, that’s my philosophy too, but when I saw that on other portfolio sites, it looked like a good way to present skillset, showing that HTML5 and CSS3 are my “best weapons”, then others..

But now I see that it might look like my knoweledge, for example, on PHP is bad, just because it’s not 100%, so I changed it just like full circles without percentages :)

boshkodj
    Participant

@Janet4now

This portfolio is mainly my CV for job applications. I don’t know what is wrong with my age? I know people that did more with 18 than someone with 50. Young guy can be viewed as Ed said, motivated and hard working guy. On the other side, older people can be viewed as total oppossite. And about content, I think there is enough information someone should see when look at portfolio / CV. Just because I said that I make “content oriented websites” doesn’t mean that I have to fulfil site with unimportant stuff..

boshkodj
    Participant

I know you aren’t trying to offend anyone, this is just a conversation, of course :)

Cheers.

caseybaggz
    Participant

Cool site. I think the “work” section is lacking in the content you are trying to focus on. It has a lot of screen shots of games, but not really any links to sites. Kind of confusing. The skill set wheel is really cool.

Josiahmann
    Participant

I would agree with Janet that the site isn’t necessarily content-focused. Seeing that your question on the forum was how does the site make us ‘feel’, it seems to me that “feeling” is what you’re designing for rather than content. I think that when a person takes some time to really consider the content – in this case asking themselves questions like “What is the purpose of the site?” “What type of audience do I want to speak to?” and so on, good design will be a natural result.

boshkodj
    Participant

The problem with the work section is that I am very confident in both front and back end development, but I didn’t have many opportunities to work on sites, all of my work are just my small example projects where I have been practicing things.. I had a big flash games website but it’s not active for a year because I didn’t find it profitabile..

Alen
    Participant

If you google “what should you NOT put on a resume” you will see what I’m referring to.

This is the most ridiculous statement I’ve read in awhile.

Somehow you need to define your personality with Google search…

Somehow its ok to send 18 year olds to war but building a website… oh no, no way… too young.

Janet, everything else you said I agree 100%.

@boshkodj, nemoj ti puno ove slusati.

boshkodj
    Participant

“Somehow its ok to send 18 year olds to war but building a website… oh no, no way… too young.” – Hahaha, good one :)

@Alen ( sorry others for non English ) – Gde sve ne naidjoh na naše :) koliko mi se čini, nema opcije za slanje PP, tako da bih voleo da mi daš email ili skajp pa da popričamo malo. Volim kad naidjem na naše iz ove sfere :)

Alen
    Participant

@boshkodj, add me on Facebook search by my email [email protected]

markjans
    Participant

Omg so nice! Thumbs up! Love the still menubar.

Alex
    Participant

Looks good, the two things I would change are:

The Navbar on the top might be too distracting, maybe if you flushed it to the top of the page and increased its height and place your picture into it (centered).

Another suggestion is to take the bottom contact elements and place them in a row instead of stacking them.

Looks good though,
    Nice work!

Truk
    Participant

Most of what I have to say is from a design perspective, so.. “how I see it,” maybe not “why it’s there.”

My first impressions:

I really like the floating menu on your site, and your skill writing code is apparent.

I feel like you’re wasting a lot of “above the fold” space. The graphic of the different screen formats and the text above it could due to be raised up or reorganized somehow.. maybe even raising some of the text, ie: “I do responsive design” above the menu bar.. even if you have to move the menu down a few pixels.

The boxes with your pictures seem a bit large, almost to the point where there’s little need to expand them.

The “skillset” circle is a bit odd to me. It almost feels a little shoe-horned in. I saw it and immediately thought of an example I saw on this site you may find interesting –otherwise that circle just takes up a LOT of space.

good work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.