Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

How do I make a pre-made Logo Responsive

• # August 28, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m currently designing on a 46 inch tv. Not really by choice but it’s what I have right now. That said, how big should I make a text based (with styling) logo made in Photoshop responsive for Large screens? Right now I have the text at 130px high. Not sure if I’m asking the question right… how big should the text be for large screens matched with a full width site design?

# August 29, 2013 at 1:13 am

Your 46″ Tv is likely to be 1920×1080 (1080p/1080i or Full HD) and therfor less resolution than a lot of dedicated monitors (ignoring retina and higher ppi displays) so I wouldn’t worry about doing anything differently, If it looks ok on your TV it’ll look much the same on a monitor

# September 2, 2013 at 8:39 am

It might be worth looking at using a web-font, e.g. a google webfont or using @fontface – you may be able to achieve a nice result by styling the text.

NIX
    # October 26, 2013 at 11:23 am

Just create a vector (SVG) and give it a percentage for a size! I do it all the time! It will look crisp and clean nomatter what size it is!!!

# October 26, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I agree with Joe_Temp – if you make it in vector format you can make it as big as you want with no pixelation. Inkscape is a free program that will let you make SVG vector files if you do not have AI or something else.

# October 26, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Google webfont ≠ a nice result (most of the time). You can use Robofont or Illustrator for this. Just make sure if you’re lettering or creating symbols to plot points correctly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".