Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How do i add multiple background images to the same div tag ( i dont want to use CSS3)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    andreea115
    Participant

Hi everyone.

How do i place multiple background images in the same div tag ( or in the same area). i don’t want to use CSS3 as some of the viewers are still using old browsers.

i will explain my problem.

i have used a div tag for the entire page and placed a background image behind it.

eg;

#entirepage{

background:#ffffff url(“image1.jpg”) scroll left top;
    height:1000200px;
    }

However i then have several div tag for the navigation etc ; some of these div tag need to have background images of their own ( i am using CSS SPITE) ; but this will mean that these new background images will have to be on top of the background image for the entire page.

so, my question now is this; how can i do that?

warm regards

Andreea

andreea115
    Participant

hi ChrisP

thank you very much for your advice. i will give it a try.

warm regards

andreea

andreea115
    Participant

sorry. one question.

how do we determin which background image goes on top of the other. do we use the Z index for background images

You can’t use z-index on background images, but you can on the elements.

Remember that you must put a position other than static on the elements for z-index to work.

andreea115
    Participant

Wow.

thanks Guys. u guys have been brilliant. You have really cleared that up for me.

my warmest regards

Andreea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.