Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript How Can i Replace Text When a Navigation Button is Clicked?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to be able to replace a certain text on my website, when a navigation button is clicked. I know this is probably very easy but i’m not that experienced with JavaScript. The ribbon on this [Website](http://reallycoolstuff.net/JV/ “website”) has text that corresponds to the category. When a person clicks on the “completed project”, or any of the other nav links i want the text inside the ribbon to be replaced according to the tab clicked. How can i achieve this?

srikarg
    Participant

Well, you could use jQuery or vanilla JavaScript (either can get you to your desired result) to get what you want. All you have to do is check if the menu items are clicked and if they are, update the ribbon with the text of the link. Here’s a quick example: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/rqJHm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@srig99 i actually don’t want to update the ribbon at all. I don’t want it to appear as if the website or anything is reloading the same thing. Could this be done with CSS?

srikarg
    Participant

@Jarolin So do you want to update the ribbon when you hover over the links? I thought you wanted to update the ribbon because in the question, you stated that you wanted to replace the text inside the ribbon…Can you please elaborate? Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@srig99 i only want the text replaced. Not the entire ribbon image. Only the text inside it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@srig99 yea, i was trying to do it with Javascript but for some reasong it would not work. I’m not sure why.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, the text is changed. how do i make it that it changes when a tab button is clicked?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@srig99 I still can’t get it to work. i’m 100% sure im doing something wrong.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.