Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Hover over an image on wordpress blog and show share buttons aside the image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hatul
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am working on a wordpress blog.
    I have seen a lot of blogs that have the option that when you hover over an image, you get a log side of it, or even inside of it, a new share buttons that share the post.

How can I do this without using an external plugin?

Paulie_D

There are multiple ways this could be done.

One of the simplest method is to have an absolutely positioned element (probably a div) set next to (or over the image) that is normally hidden and only shown when you hover over the image.

Usually this will require the image (and hidden div) to be wrapped in a single element.

Hatul
    Participant

That’s what I was thinking about.
    The problem is how to create this div whenever I have an image uploaded to the post?
    Because curently, when you upload an image to a post, you just upload an image to a post..

Paulie_D

That would be part of your page template I imagine.

This would require some PHP /JS skills I imagine.

Hatul
    Participant

That’s my main problem in the whole thing :(

Paulie_D

Well, unfortunately, this isn’t really the place to learn how to do that.

I think you might need to invest some time into a little more research…or find a plug-in..which would seem to be the best option.

Hatul
    Participant

Do you know where I can find a good example for the CSS hover display/hidden part?

Paulie_D
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.