Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Horizontal scroll issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andyjoe81
    Participant

I ran my css through the validator but could not quite figure out what my issue was that is causing the ability to scroll left and right as well as up and down when I only want people to be able to scroll up and down.

I noticed that Chris Coyier had this same issue during his Kailin WordPress Theme Design Screencast. However, he never resolved it during the screencast. I can see he did in his final product.

I know I’m a novice and my code is probably a nightmare to sift through, but even if you could just off the top of your head list some common causes you can think of, I would appreciate it.

Here is my wordpress site, still under construction:

OliveTreeMusicStudio.com/wp

…and here is my prototype, which does not have the same issue.

OliveTreeMusicStudio.com/newdraft

Once again everyone, thanks for your help!

~Andy

TheDoc

After going through a ton of browsers, the only time I see horizontal scroll is with IE7 – is that the browser that you’re seeing it in?

andyjoe81
    Participant

I have a macbook pro that you can scroll by grazing your fingers across the trackpad. If I move my fingers from side to side, it moves back and forth about 20px, even though I don’t have a horizontal scroll bar either. This may not happen with people who have a more conventional scroll method. I’ll try the other suggestions and get back to you guys. Thanks!

andyjoe81
    Participant

Thanks jamy_za, but that didn’t seem to work either. I’m so confused!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.