Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Highlight text and share it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EdwardR
    Participant

I have been trying to figure out how to highlight text on any post and then share it on Twitter, Facebook or even email it.

There is a website call medium.com that has something similar to what I am looking for. Sitepoint actually has a much better version that works perfectly, however, finding someone that knows how to do this has been a challenge. There are a few scripts available for WordPress but they don’t work very well and only allow you to highlight what you want users to share from the backend. I am looking for something like medium and sitepoint which allows any user to select and share whatever they want.

Does anyone know where I can find a plugin or script to do this?

Thanks,

EdwardR
    Participant

That does work well. It’s just a script that needs to be worked on really. Like everything else, things like this have to be easy in order for people to want to use it. Thank you for your time in looking into this. I am really surprised someone hasn’t written a really good script like this and published it for people to use yet.

dake
    Participant

Taufik.

Do have any tip to make it work with phonegap webview?

Thx!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.