Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other High School Football Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ok, so I was asked to re-design this high school football website. As you may know, football websites have a lot of content. What is the best way to design this without making the website look busy? Here is the current website: http://kleinoakpantherfootball.com/

Any comments would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

I think a dropdown menu is a good way of organising content, or things like Chris’ Organic Tabs.

Good idea. I looked at nfl.com and scoped out different nfl teams’ sites and they all are a mess! I mean These are big names here and I’m sure they all paid a lot of money to get these websites developed. The tabs are a good idea though. This website will be viewed by teens in high school who will want to look around and explore the site. So I was trying to figure out how I can produce a website layout that would be conducive to that and would make people want to look around.

vroooomtech

I’d keep researching major NFL team sites, maybe some college sites like you’re already doing and then create a design. After that’s done, keep researching and then tweak it.

See where that gets you?

well thats what im saying is ive researched all these websites and they are all so busy. I just was trying to get away from that busy look and still keep that football feel.

TheDoc

I mean, beyond creating a mockup myself and giving it to you, it’s hard to point you in the right direction. If you don’t want it to be busy, then design something that isn’t busy! Think outside the box and figure out how you can display the most information in the cleanest, most efficient way.

you’ve got a good point. lol…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.