Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Hiding Divs Delay

• # December 14, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m very new to the world of javascript and am hoping for some advice for a site I’m working on. I’m using hiding divs based on Jquery UI and am hoping for some advice on two things.

One- I’m noticing a delay in the hiding when I first load the page. It takes a second for divs to hide. My first guess as so why it’s doing that is because I have a ton of stuff going on. Perhaps hiding divs isn’t the best choice??? The tutorial I followed is located at http://net.tutsplus.com/javascript-ajax/create-a-tabbed-interface-using-jquery/. I’d like my content to animate in and out but don’t really care how I do it. I was using AJAX at first but couldn’t get the lightbox to display properly. Thoughts?

Two- is there any way to get this code to active on mouse rollover?
    $(function() {
    $(‘#tabvanilla > ul’).tabs({ fx: { height: ‘toggle’, opacity: ‘toggle’ } });

Feel free to take a look at everything. Any advice is great: http://www.ashleyhathaway.com/simplify

Rob
    # December 15, 2009 at 3:48 am

Hey – works great :D

Do you mean that when you load the page you can see the other content below it, before it snaps into position, because the jQuery works fine for me.

I have not looked at the tut but I suspect are you adding the hide class to the divs with jQuery, because if you could add it to the ones that are hidden first just in the html, then they would be hidden when the page loads instead of waiting for the jQuery to assign the class and then make the CSS Changes… if you see what I mean :)

# December 17, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Hi Rob

Thanks for the quick response.Good call setting everything to hidden in the HTML. It will hopefully be enough.

Thanks!
    Ashley

# December 19, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Awesome. Totally worked. Easy peasy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".