Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Hidding content on condition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant

Hey there …

For those that know me I am learning jQuery and am hoping someone can help me. I have a project that I am doing that sells jewelry. On the template page of the shopping cart I use, is listed all the product options for every type of product she carries.

The thing is that options for the necklaces are no the same for earrings or bracelets… and some products have no options at all because they are chains.

So what I want to do is have groups of options on the template page..

ie
    Color Combos,
    Clasp styles,
    Earring clasp,
    clasp position,
    etc

Then on each product I can insert in a custom field a character like "N" for necklace, "B" for bracelet, "E" for Earrings, "C" for chains etc…

So when the product is displayed the javascript would look at this field and show the particular options for that product class.

You can see the development site at http://cutiepetutiejewelry.designedbyjeff.com/ – there is only three products on there right now… and they are under the Phat Catagory… see below.

[attachment=0]Picture 1.png[/attachment]

Clicking on Phat in this menu will take you to http://cutiepetutiejewelry.designedbyje … ueID=42000

Select any product… I have been clicking the necklace…

you will see down the right hand side scrollable areas for color combos and such… when you click on the options you want it updates the text box above the add to bag button (Thanks akeenlabs for that it works great! had to tweak just a little because of java script conflicks witht he cart’s javascript)

only one of these options is pertinent to earrings for example… any help would be great!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.