Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other H&FJ Webfonts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

Hoefler & Frere-Jones webfonts are here!

http://www.typography.com/cloud/welcome

some may not see the new site

TheDoc

Very cool. I actually just canceled my Typekit account as I wasn’t really utilizing it. Might check this out once I get some spare time to actually get my sites up and running.

chrisburton
    Participant

This is the best part for $99:

chrisburton
    Participant

@CrocoDillon Their claim is that many people still use images in replace of text. But I agree with you. That’s what `alt` was for, right?

> this seems something big (seen a lot of Tweets), why?

We’ve been waiting for them for years. I think their beta webfonts (which H&FJ selected people for) that Dan Cederholm, Chris Coyier, Jessica Hische and some others have been using, came out just over a year ago. So it’s been a long anticipation to allow everyone to use their fonts on the web. And these are well known and award winning typefaces we’re talking about. Gotham being one of the biggest.

John Nolan
    Participant

I can’t seem to get the HFJ fonts to work with my WordPress install. I’ve got them working my main site, no problem, but not in WordPress! I’ve tried putting the the CSS key in the header.php of my theme, and tried a functions.php in the theme folder. I’m using a child theme, and tried adding a functions.php in that folder, but nothing seems to work.

I contacted HFJ, but they just reiterate that the code must be placed in the head. Hmmm…

Any ideas, anyone?

chrisburton
    Participant

Link?

John Nolan
    Participant

I got it working now; not sure how. It might just be that I had cache issues, in spite of reloading repeatedly.

Thanks for the reply.

http://ragandbone.ca/wp/

chrisburton
    Participant

Not working for me.

John Nolan
    Participant

What browser?

chrisburton
    Participant

Chrome

John Nolan
    Participant

Hmm.. looks okay on Chrome and Chrome Canary on my Mac…haven’t tried on a PC yet. (I had taken down the attempt until I saw your response.)

chrisburton
    Participant

There’s an error 403 on the CSS file for H&FJ webfonts.

http://cloud.chrisburton.me/RfBc

John Nolan
    Participant

Thanks for that.. I’ll scratch my head awhile to see why that might be.

chrisburton
    Participant

Contact H&FJ or create a new thread and we can help you solve it.

John Nolan
    Participant

Thanks Chris. I’ll get in touch with H&FJ, and report back if anything interesting come of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.