Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Helvetica

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Odd_E

I know that there are many of you out there with Macs, and I wanted to ask you guys a simple question, designer to designer. Could someone send me Helvetica? I need Helvetica, Helvetica Bold, Helvetica Neue (the thin version) and, if this isn’t too much, a regular Helvetica Neue. I had it on my old hard-drive, but I switched to a new one, and I lost many of the files I had. If you can help, let me know, I can give you my email.

sanclementejoe
    Participant

How do fonts work as far as if I want to display Helvetica on my website but it’s not installed on the user’s computer? Could I use @font-face to display it?

How come macs come standard with Helvetica but not PCs.

Also whats the legality of the above link, just wondering out of curiosity because I thought it’s copyrighted or something?

@sanclementejoe I am also curious as to the link Karl provided. If you look at Helvetica on Linotype, all variants have a cost: http://www.linotype.com/526/helvetica-family.html

In regards to displaying fonts on the web, you can do so only if their license allows it (unless you use images, but that is a terrible idea).

chrisburton
    Participant

Linotype owns Helvetica not Haas and it’s certainly not overrated but overused.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.