Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Help with Spry Effects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    daGUY

Anyone here familiar with Adobe Spry Effects? http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry … index.html

I have an interesting problem and I haven’t been able to find anything about it online. Basically, I’m using the blind transition, which is working fine. The problem is, I want it to open UP instead of DOWN. That is, when you click on a link, instead of having a div slide down from underneath it, I want it to slide up above it.

I’ve looked through the documentation and it doesn’t seem like there’s a way to set the slide direction. I’ve come close by setting an absolute bottom position on the sliding div:

Code:
    div.slider {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;
    }

But if I do it this way, the slider div appears on top of everything else (because of the absolute position), rather than pushing surrounding content out of the way like it does normally.

Is there a way to do this? Is it even possible? Would I be able to do this with a different JavaScript library?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I gave up sprys along time ago lol – jQuery is so much more powerful :) But thats a personal opinion lol

in jQuery you would just use the animate option and set the new position… and it would do it all for ya :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.