Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with Navigations Dropdown Element

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bmoneruiux
    Participant

Hey y’all!

I rarely run across this issue, so I’m not really sure how to deal with it. I’m using the Genesis framework for a concept site, and am having trouble with the secondary “ul” (dropdown) of an “li” element.

If you go here [Concept Site](http://mud.cleartouchvisuals.com/ “Concept Site”), and hover over “Chromatics”, you’ll see what I mean.

The dropdown element has acquired the height value from the parent anchor before it. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to clear it from there. I attempted to set the height of the dropdown to “auto” with the “!important” tag, but it didn’t work.

You can see form the css that I have it how I want it width wise, I just can’t figure out the height thing.

Any help is appreciated. And if my problem lies elsewhere, please let me know.

bmoneruiux
    Participant

@ChrisP

I don’t see that class anywhere. Did you add the class and THEN style it? Because attempting to do that resulted in nothing.

bmoneruiux
    Participant

Ahh ok found the class, lol sorry.

But yeah it’s not doing anything for me

bmoneruiux
    Participant

@ChrisP

Ok I see what you mean now. How’d I even miss that lol?

I use Chrome to develop while viewing the changes in Safari and for some reason Safari wasn’t displaying the changes. And Safari on my iPad isn’t showing the changes either.

BTW speaking of iPad…would you happen to know why my iPad isn’t displaying the whole site upon loading? It’s almost like it’s zoomed in 100% and only up to the “R” in “References” in the nav menu is displayed. After that I have to scroll over to see the rest. Odd behavior seeing as how usually an iPad hows a 100% zoomed out view of the whole site.

bmoneruiux
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for your help.

bmoneruiux
    Participant

@ChrisP

Thanks for that, but sadly I don’t think that can apply to be. The Genesis Framework, while great, is very hard to customize as it depends greatly on hooks instead of letting users just copy and paste the original themes PHP files for alterations. (which then begs the questions on why it’s called an artist friendly framework lol??)

bmoneruiux
    Participant

This might be a Mac specific problem, but can anyone check the site out on your own Safari and then Chrome/FF and tell me why Safari is not receiving the min-height: auto; property??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.