Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with IE Issues in Nav Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rosco
    Participant

Hi all,

Just wondering if you can help. I’ve been working on a simple nav menu which can be found here

The problem I am having is that the menu doesn’t display properly in IE. In IE 6 I’m getting double margin bug, and in IE9 the menu is falling victim of the guillotine bug, where the floated elements are being cut off at the bottom of the sprites.

Can anyone help me resolve these issues? I’ve included the code below.

Thanks,

Ross

rosco
    Participant

Thanks for pointing out the extra . However I’ve tried this and it doesn’t work. You’re right, I should have put this code in an a html doc first, but as I will be pasting this code into a CMS it needs to work as a standalone piece of code.

Anymore suggestions?

rosco
    Participant

Hi Senff,

You can see it in the following link Your text to link…. You’re right, it probably is some other code that is affecting it, as CMS can often get quite messy. When I view this page in IE6 and 9 it does not display correctly.

Cheers,

Ross

rosco
    Participant

Great stuff. Thanks a lot for your help.

Ross

rosco
    Participant

Hi Senff,

I can’t find the exact code you’re referring to in schools.css. Is it this piece of code that you mean?

#bull ul {padding:0px 0px 11px 0px;
    margin:0;
    list-style:disc;
    padding-left: 1.2em;
    }

As for

#bull ul.opportunities_menu

Am I adding this into the nav menu itself, or into schools.css?

rosco
    Participant

Thanks, worked a treat.

Ross

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.